New innovation report extends past ‘cable’ focus
The Cable Middle and its new operational model, the Syndeo Institute, just lately launched its second annual Intrapreneurship & Innovation Report.
This version options contributions and insights from nearly two dozen execs and innovators spanning a number of trade segments, together with community operators, leisure/media and expertise. Examples of particular person contributors embody: Teresa Elder, CEO, WideOpenWest; Frannie Matthews, president and CEO, Colorado Expertise Affiliation; Mark Greatrex, president, Cox Communications; Yvette Kanouff, associate, JC2 Ventures; Christopher Winfrey, CEO, Constitution Communications; Patricia Jo Boyers, president and CEO of Boycom; and Mike Fries, CEO and vice chairman, Liberty World.
The report covers loads of floor on how firms and organizations can undertake an “agile mindset” and innovate from inside to remain forward of change and adapt to potential disruptions.
However at a excessive stage, the broader intention is to supply perception from leaders each inside and out of doors the normal “cable” trade. That method delivers “range of thought, in order that we aren’t simply listening in that kind of echo chamber idea,” Camilla Formica, the chief program officer at The Cable Middle and the Syndeo Institute, explains on the Mild Studying Podcast. “We’re bringing in various voices to assist us assume outdoors of what we’re form of used to in our trade.”
Formica is an trade vet who joined The Cable Middle final summer season. Along with discussing some huge takeaways from the brand new report, she talks in regards to the historical past and longer-term plans for The Cable Middle and the Syndeo Institute, this 12 months’s Cable Corridor of Fame gala and what else is atop her listing of priorities for 2023.
For a evenly edited transcript, click on the closed caption button within the video toolbar. If you would like to skip round and hear, listed here are some subjects lined:
- Background on The Cable Middle’s historical past and the just lately launched Syndeo Institute (1:06)
- How the Intrapreneurship & Innovation Report matches into the group’s “Imaginative and prescient 2025” plan (3:20)
- How the brand new report goals to supply insights from leaders inside and out of doors the normal cable trade (8:00)
- A evaluate of the massive takeaways from the 2023 report and the way it differs from final 12 months’s inaugural report (11:50)
- What the report says about how the trade is coping with aggressive threats, adversity and volatility (15:50)
- The realities and challenges of the brand new hybrid workforce and the revised function that belief is enjoying throughout a number of firms and industries (19:46)
- What else is on Formica’s precedence listing for the steadiness of 2023 (25:50)
— Jeff Baumgartner, Senior Editor, Mild Studying